Canada – a prestigious extra-provincial corporation in Ontario
Company Express offers extra-provincial registration of corporations in Ontario. The structure can be a useful tool for tax planning and international trade purposes.
Advantages of registering an extra-provincial corporation in Ontario, Canada
- No residency restrictions for directors, shareholders, secretary and personnel
- Minimum number of shareholders is one – a legal person can become a company shareholder
- Minimum number of directors is one
- Legal person can become a company secretary
- Legal person from any country can obtain the status of extra-provincial corporation in Ontario
- Extra-provincial registration in Canada does not create a separate legal personality, so a non-resident company with the status of extra-provincial corporation is tax-free in Canada if the business activity is performed outside the country
- Share capital requirements for an extra-provincial corporation are identical to the requirements of the parent company’s jurisdiction
- No audit requirement
- No annual general meeting requirement
Price for obtaining an extra-provincial licence in Ontario
|Service||First year||Subsequent years|
|Extra-provincial corporation registration|
|Annual maintenance fee||✓||✓|
What documents will you receive upon incorporation?
- Certificate of Registration
- Extra-Provincial Licence
If the desired company name is not available:
- Certificate of Assumed Name
What do you need to obtain an extra-provincial licence in Ontario?
Give us a call, or drop us an email, and we will be glad to detail all the requirements for you.
Taxation and statutory requirements at a glance
Extra-provincial corporations in Ontario do not pay tax in Canada if their business activity is carried out abroad.
Extra-provincial corporations are required to file an annual return. A tax declaration is only required if the business activity is performed in Canada.