Besides incorporation and registered agent service, we provide wide verity of additional services – from mail forwarding to obtaining certified copies of state-filled documents, from assistance in opening Merchant or bank account to legalization of the documents by Apostille or in embassy of foreign country. Company Express has a suite of services to support you in every life cycle of your business, including help to staying compliant with state requirement during life of your business, assistance in filing paperwork during business expansion or merge and help with dissolution of the entity if you decided to close business. Please click on links below to learn more about each service and feel free to contact us if you need service not listed here.
Company Express’ Foreign Qualification Service includes:
- Name Availability Check in the State for which qualification is to be sought;
- Obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing from the State of formation;
- Preparation and filing of foreign Corporation Certificate in the State of qualification;
- Registered Agent Service if required in the State of Qualification;
- Handling your State Filing Fee payments.
The Fees for Foreign Qualifications are vary by the States, please contact our office for details.
By having a DBA name, it’s possible for sole proprietors and general partners to do business using a name other than the owners’ personal name. In the case of C corporations, S corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), nonprofits and some other formation types, a DBA filing allows them to do business under a name different than the one that appears on their original incorporation documents.
Here are a few practical examples of how DBA names are used:
- Sole proprietors and general partners often choose to operate under a DBA name. For example, business owner John Smith might file the DBA name “Smith Roofing”;
- Corporations and limited liability companies (LLCs) may register alternate names for specific lines of business. For example, Helen’s Food Service Inc. might register the DBA name “Helen’s Catering”.
By registering a DBA name for your business, you could enjoy:
- better visibility for marketing purposes;
- enhanced credibility among suppliers and customers;
- an easier time opening business bank accounts;
- the ability to transact business under a different name on the Internet.
The Company Corporation can help
The Company Corporation can complete DBA registrations for corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), and some sole proprietorships and partnerships. Let us know that you’d like to register a DBA name and we’ll send you the right application for your DBA filing. You just sign and return it to us and we’ll take it from there. Once the state or local government has accepted your request, we’ll send you an approval notice. Your DBA name will then be part of the public record.
For businesses registered in the state of Delaware, please contact us at 800-818-6082.
The Company Corporation will charge a $50.00 deposit to begin preparation for this service. The deposit listed in your order is non refundable and will be applied towards the total service fee of $125.00. State fees and tax clearance (if applicable) are not included in the service fee. You are required to pay the balance of the service fee, and any applicable state filing fees and tax clearance to complete the process.
These can include changes to:
- Your business name;
- Your listed directors or members;
- The number of stock certificates your company issues;
- The par value of your company stock;
- Your business’s purpose.
By having your Articles of Amendment filed with the state, you’re able to confirm that:
- The company’s representatives, including directors, members and shareholders, have consented to the change;
- The changes you’ve made meet the legal requirements of your state of formation.
The Company Corporation can help
The Company Corporation can file amendments to your Articles of Amendment in every state and the District of Columbia.
Simply tell us the amendment you’d like to file and we’ll tell you the cost and filing procedure. We’ll then provide you with the appropriate paperwork and fee breakdown. Once you’ve completed, signed, and returned the paperwork to us, we’ll submit it to the state for approval. As soon as the state approves your application, we’ll send you official evidence of the approval.
* For businesses registered in the state of Delaware, please contact us at 800-818-6082.
- Prep & filing of the Articles of Dissolution;
- Shipping of the completed documents to you.
Regrettably, not all businesses succeed to the level their owners might have once hoped. Dissolution can be caused in many ways, including the failure to file annual reports or pay certain taxes in the state of incorporation, bankruptcy, or voluntary dissolution by business owners.
Why it’s important
If your company is ceasing operations or is no longer in business, filing Articles of Dissolution legally ends your company’s existence in your state of incorporation or in your state of qualification, if you had registered to transact business in another state (foreign qualified). Companies incorporated or foreign qualified in a state face annual report and taxation requirements in that state. Unless the state knows your company is no longer in existence, those obligations will continue. Typically late fees and penalties will continue to accumulate. Dissolving your business with the state will end these obligations.
- Personalized Binder: This Sturdy Binder is beautifully detailed in gold with a matching slipcase. Your Corporate or LLC Name will be foil-stamped on the Binder spine;
- Corporate Seal: This Seal is custom finished to include your Company Name, State and Year of Incorporation, and can be stored inside the Binder in its own carry pouch;
- 20 Stock/Membership Certificates: These richly designed Certificates come numbered with your Company Name, State of Formation and lithographed on the finest security paper available;
- Index Tabs: Mylar-coated, easy-to-use tabs;
- Minutes & By-laws: At no extra charge, your personalized Binder will include 50 handy blank or preprinted forms as well as the necessary tax materials. These pages are multipurpose and are frequently revised to simplify and organize your records preparation;
- Transfer Ledger: 8-page alphabetized transfer ledger;
- Forms: Also included in your Binder are F.I.N. Application Forms, S-election, and Resale Tax Number Forms.
The cost of Corporate/LLC Kit is $98 Please contact our office for details.
Why it’s important
A Certified Copy is a true, exact copy of your company’s incorporation or other state-filed document, as issued by the state and is often used for the following purposes:
- Replace a lost or misplaced original. It’s critical to keep the original of your formation documents or any other state-filed document with your company records. If the originals are ever lost or misplaced, be sure to request a Certified Copy from the state of formation or qualification;
- Provide additional proof of authenticity. Many states allow for electronic and/or fax filing of documents. Consequently, the state-approved documents may not look “as official” as you think they should (even though they are official). Having a certified copy sometimes makes business owners feel there’s additional proof of authenticity;
- Open a bank account. A Certified Copy of your company’s formation documents is often needed in order to open a bank account;
- Foreign qualification. A Certified Copy or a Certificate of Good Standing are typically required in order to register your company to transact business in another state (foreign qualify).
Please contact our office to get a quote.
- Changing a corporation into a limited liability company (LLC). For example, a C corporation with an owner that is not a US citizen wish to become an LLC to take advantage of pass-through taxation (because the C corporation has an owner that is not a US citizen, it cannot become an S corporation);
- Changing an LLC to a corporation. For example, the owners of an LLC may wish to seek venture capital funding and therefore wish to become a corporation.
Why it’s important
Converting a company from one business type to another requires the business owner to follow the procedure required by the company’s state of incorporation. All tax implications should also be weighed and those obligations satisfied. For taxation questions, it is best to seek the advice of an accountant or tax advisor.
Features & Benefits
The Company Express conversion service helps you by:
- Determining the appropriate process for conversion in the state where your company was formed;
- Obtaining and preparing appropriate state forms;
- Submitting your completed conversion forms to appropriate state agencies;
- Notifying you when the process is complete and shipping any state-approved documents to you.
Why it’s important
Companies that are in bad standing long enough risk administrative dissolution or revocation by the state. This should be avoided because when a state administratively dissolves a corporation or LLC or revokes its corporate or LLC status, the benefits of the entity type, such as the limited liability protection provided to owners, are lost.
Features & benefits
Reinstatement requires a company to resolve outstanding business compliance issues and submit necessary forms and fees to the state. Company Express helps you through the reinstatement process by:
- Identifying all steps your business must take to become compliant;
- Determining outstanding or overdue fees due to the state;
- Obtaining the forms you must complete as part of reinstatement;
- Auditing your reinstatement forms for common errors prior to submission;
- Submitting your completed reinstatement forms to the appropriate state agencies;
- Notifying you when reinstatement of your company is complete.
Regardless of the state in which you formed your LLC, Company Express® can provide a form operating agreement or By-Laws for your business. Normally, the fee to prepare such a comprehensive agreement of this nature would be $1,500 or more. However, your cost is only $35. Draft of Operating Agreement/By-Laws we use was approved by lawyers and will be suitable for the most cases.
Company Express offers a complete Document Retrieval Service, including obtaining Certified Copies of filed State documents, Good Standing Certificates, and miscellaneous other such documents. The cost of this service is $85 per document plus the relevant State fee.
Depending on the State, the process of Incorporation/LLC Formation can take up to several weeks or longer. If you need your Incorporation or business formation processed right away, many States offer Expedited Services. When you opt for these services, we will instruct the relevant State to process your order immediately and we will deliver your corporate documents by overnight courier. In most cases, your filing will be completed in 7-10 business days. Our Expedited Service fee is $90 plus State expedited fees, which vary from State to State.
By selecting Company Express(R) as your Registered Agent provider, you will ensure that this important service is with the utmost care and efficiency. Our fee for Registered Agent service is $160 per year.
Change of Registered Agent
If you have an existing Corporation, LLC, Limited Partnership, or similar entity and would like to change your Registered Agent to Company Express, we would be pleased to take care of this for you free of charge. As soon as the change is effective, you will receive an invoice for the relevant annual Registered Agent service fee set forth above.