Economic citizenship of Vanuatu is gaining traction these days, as it perfectly combines the possibility of visa-free entry into 129 states and the benefits of tax breaks.
The strong points of Vanuatu citizenship
- Vanuatu citizenship may be used as an integral part of tax planning and asset protection strategies.
- Vanuatu citizenship gives ground for setting up bank accounts in international banks.
- Vanuatu citizens are able to move freely to more than 129 countries including Schengen states, UK and Singapore.
- The process of obtaining long-term visas to the United States and Canada is less difficult.
- Granting citizenship procedure is being done under strict confidentiality.
- Investors and his/her family members are absolutely free in their choice of domicile.
- The background checks are being done without an Applicant’s personal presence.
- The whole process for family members takes three up to eight weeks.
- Investor family members: spouse, children under 25 years old, children dependent on parents regardless of age, parents of both spouses over 56 years old receive citizenship along with the main Applicant. Citizenship of the Republic of Vanuatu is inherited.
The framework for Vanuatu economic citizenship
Donation to the government
- Main Applicant – $80,000
- Main Applicant and spouse – $100,000
- Main Applicant, spouse and one child – $115,000
- Family (up to 4 persons) application – $130,000
- Due diligence fee per application – $2,000
Additional Application Fees for extended families
- Each additional child – $15,000
- Each dependent child of 18 to 25 years old – $ 15,000
- Each dependent adult over 65 years old – $15,000
This amount also includes the costs of passport production and replacement, translation and notarial services and delivery of documents.
Eligibility criteria for applicants
The Applicant is over 18 years of age
The Applicant shall not be in sanction lists of any kind
No convictions in serious criminal cases
The Applicant’s reputation has been unchallenged
Step sequence to get Vanuatu citizenship
1. Establishment of a contract
Submission of the copies of passports for all family members. A free check is made within one working day. The contract can be concluded in the offices of our company or online. The client receives a verification report (an extract from the World-Check database of Thomson Reuters).
2. Document processing
Our specialists request and receive certificates of good conduct and fill out government-approved questionnaires. The client provides the originals of passports and other documents and signs the questionnaires. Translation, notarization and apostille are made. A package of documents is filed to the Vanuatu State Citizenship Agency.
3. Application processing
The government agency reviews the application and carries out the necessary checks for 3 to 8 months. No visit to Vanuatu is required. There may be a delay in reviewing up to 12 months and a request for additional documents.
After receiving an approving decision, the investor is to make the necessary payments within a month including fees.
4. Getting Vanuatu Passports
After payment is done, our legal department receives certificates of citizenship and passports. The client receives the specified documents in one of the offices or by mail, depending on the choice of delivery method.
The validity of the passport is 5 years. At 6 months before the passport expiry, a client must send an application for renewal.
Services are being provided for:
- obtaining a driver’s license (personal presence is required), utility bills payment, connecting a local phone number and receiving other documents.
- replacement and restoration of passports in case of loss, inability to use and expiration. All services are made in the absence of the client.
- company formation services and opening a local bank account (personal presence is required).